Republicans within the Senate did all the pieces of their energy to derail and undermine Justice Jackson’s nomination, treating her affirmation hearings as a chance to spew racist, sexist bile and unfold ridiculous conspiracy theories. However by way of all of it, Justice Jackson refused to stoop to their degree, sustaining her composure throughout even essentially the most outlandish assaults from Republicans hoping for a little bit of air time.
And thru all of it, MoveOn members such as you had been there to help Justice Jackson and stand in opposition to the efforts of Republicans to cease her affirmation.
Because the begin of her affirmation hearings:
- MoveOn members made virtually 10,000 calls to Congress in help of her affirmation,
- greater than 80,000 members signed on to a petition calling for her to be confirmed,
- younger MoveOn members took to the streets in entrance of the Supreme Court docket to instantly display public help on the day of her nomination, and
- 150,000 folks ordered these lovely stickers, designed by artist Amanda Mustard, to point out their help for her historic nomination.
You possibly can be part of with lots of of hundreds of fellow MoveOn members to rejoice Justice Jackson’s affirmation at present by ordering your free KBJ sticker, inserting it someplace seen, and sharing this message with your loved ones and mates! Click on right here to order now.
Justice Jackson might be a voice for the folks on the court docket, having served as a public defender and on a sentencing fee. The work should proceed to rebalance the court docket after Mitch McConnell and Republicans packed it with extremely right-wing conservatives. We want not less than three extra Justice Jacksons on the court docket, as a result of our human and civil rights are on the road. So seize your sticker now to proudly show your help for this historic affirmation and as a reminder of what’s at stake in our work to construct an America the place everybody can thrive.
Thanks for all you do.
1. “The Senate confirms Jackson, elevating the primary Black lady to the Supreme Court docket.” The New York Instances, April 7, 2022